Important Information for Sponsors and Exhibitors
This Exhibitor Technical Manual contains important information designed to assist you in preparing for the ESPID 2022 Exhibition.
The Exhibition will be held in conjunction with the 40th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases which will take place 9-13 May 2022 at the Megaron Athens International Conference Center in Athens, Greece.
The exhibition floor plan has been designed to maximize the exhibitors’ exposure to the delegates.
Please read all the information in this manual. It will take you very little time now and could save you a great deal of time later.
Please forward this manual to everyone who is working on this project, including your stand builder, as it contains useful information about the meeting.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information or assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you in Athens and wish you a successful meeting and exhibition.
Each exhibitor/supporter has received an e-mail with login details to access the Portal. The Portal enables Supporters and Exhibitors to:
- Submit Company logo and profile
- Order Lead retrieval (Badge scanners)
- Order exhibitor badges
- Submit booth drawing (for “Space Only” booths)
- Submit other deliverables as per contract
- The login details have been sent to the person signing the contract. This person is responsible for passing on the login details to third party if needed.
- Access to all Portal services will be available only after submission of your company profile and logo.
- Only deliverables as indicated in your contract, should be submitted via the Portal. Items not included in your contract will not be processed.
Kenes Group Contacts:
ESPID 2022 Meeting Secretariat
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 908 0488
Fax: +41 22 906 9140
Exhibition Manager & Industry Coordinators
T: +41 22 908 0488 EXT. 995
T: +41 22 908 0488 EXT. 258
Industry Liaison & Sales
T: +41 22 908 0488 Ext. 317
T: +41 22 908 0488 Ext. 262
T: +41 22 908 0488 Ext. 297
Additional Booth fittings \ Electricity \ Booth construction \ Furniture Rental
To place an order online for the services mentioned above, please use the unique link for ESPID 2022 exhibitors:
Proelectro: Panayiotis Evripidou | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catering Services/ Cleaning/ Additional Security
Catering is exclusive to Intercatering and should be ordered in advance. Supporters who wish to order food and beverages for their symposium, meeting/hospitality room or exhibition booth, are welcome to do so directly with Intercatering: Ms. Georgia Stavraki: Tel: +30 2108946625 | email@example.com.
Kindly place your order in advance.
Freight Handling & Customs Clearance Agent
Ms. Zehavit Akerman
Tel: +49 69 747 848; +972 8 914 6382
Mobile: +972 52 511 4982
Email: ZehavitAk@HermesExhibitions.com Website: www.hermesexhibitions.com
Exhibition – Deadlines & Key Dates
|Action Item||Deadline||Contact Person|
|Hotel Reservation for Staff||As soon as possible||
Irina Sapir firstname.lastname@example.org
|Company profile||As soon as possible||Via Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com|
|Designed Stand Approval||
Monday, March 28, 2022
|Text for Fascia
(Shell Scheme stands only)
|Lead Retrieval Wireless
Monday, April 25, 2022
*Available only after submitting company profile
|Internet and WIFI||
Monday, March 28, 2022
Yulia Rijinsky email@example.com
Diyana Yosifova firstname.lastname@example.org
|Electricity for space only stands/ Furniture Rental, Shell Scheme Extras, Graphics/Signage||
Monday, March 21, 2022
Panayiotis Evripidou email@example.com
Monday, March 28, 2022
Georgia Stavraki firstname.lastname@example.org
|Hostesses & Temporary Staff||
Monday, March 28, 2022
|Mariliza Chatzelli MChatzelli@afea.gr|
|Cleaning||Monday, March 28, 2022|
|Door to Door Shipments||For this service, please contact MERKUR||
Ms. Zehavit Akerman email@example.com
|Airfreight Shipments – Arrival to recommended airport|
|Shipment via Germany advance Warehouse||
No later than Friday, April 29th, 2022, by 12:0.
We highly recommend using this option, storage is free of charge.
|Exhibition goods Direct Deliveries to Meeting Venue||
Saturday, May 7, 2022
|Saturday, May 7
Space only booths
|Sunday, May 8
|Monday, May 9
only/Quiet set up
Exhibitions Opening Hours
|Tuesday, May 10||09:30-End of
|Wednesday, May 11||09:00-16:00|
|Thursday, May 12||09:00-16:00|
|Friday, May 13||09:00-15:30|
|Dismantling / Breakdown||Friday, May 13||15:45-24:00|
- Timetable is subject to change.
- Empty crates and packaging materials must be removed after set‐up and no later than Monday, May 9, 2022, at 19:00.
- All aisles must be clear of exhibits and packaging materials to enable cleaning.
- All exhibitors should be at their booth 30 minutes before the official opening hour.
- Dismantling of the booths before the official hour is not permitted.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to dispose of all materials after dismantling. Any equipment, display aid or other material left behind after Friday, May 13, 2022, after 22:00 will be considered discarded and abandoned. Any charges incurred for waste removal will be sent to the exhibitor.
- Please note that participants will be walking through the Exhibition Area to reach the E‐ Posters area which will be active before and after the Exhibition Opening
- Therefore, please do not leave any visible valuable articles at your In addition, please consider hiring extra security for your booth after Exhibition Operating Hours. Please consider as well the above if you choose not to man the booth during the official hours.
You are cordially invited to the Welcome Reception held on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, at 19:00 In the Exhibition Area. Exhibitors are asked to please man their booths during the Welcome Reception in the Exhibition Area.
Exhibition Floor Plan & List of Exhibitors
The floor plan has been designed to maximize the exhibitor’s exposure to the delegates.
For most updated floor plan and list of exhibitors, please see the online floorplan.
All exhibitors are required to be registered and will receive a badge displaying the exhibiting company name. Individual participant names will not appear on badges in order that they may be used interchangeably between staff members.
Exhibitor badges will be given as per your contract.
Two exhibitor badges will be given for the first 9 sqm booked and 1 additional badge for each 9 sqm after. Any additional exhibitor’s badges will be charged an exhibitor registration fee of 180 EUR
The Exhibitors badges allow access to the exhibition area, refreshments served as indicated in the programme timetable and attendance at the Welcome Reception.
Additional Exhibitor badges can be ordered online via the Exhibitor Portal.
Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2022
*Please make sure that your Company Profile has been submitted before placing an order.
All personnel are required to wear badges to access the Exhibition. Company representatives not wearing their badges will not be allowed to access the Exhibition. Company name badges are for the use of company personnel for Booth manning purposes and should not be used by companies to bring visitors to the Exhibition. Exhibitor badges will not be mailed in advance and may be collected from the onsite registration desk.
Stand contractors and staff must wear service passes during the entire set up and dismantling period. Service Passes are free of charge and may be collected from the Exhibition Manager.
In order to receive such a badge, please submit your stand builder details via Exhibitor Portal and bring your ID or Passport when going to the venue.
On Site Exhibition Manager Desk
The Exhibition Manager Desk will be open throughout the Exhibition set up, opening and dismantling period. Prior to this time, if you have any queries regarding your participation at ESPID 2022, please feel free to contact the Exhibition Managers.
“K‐Lead” Application – Barcode Scanner Application (no device is included)
Lead Retrieval systems are a helpful tool for receiving participants’ contact information when they visit your stand. The information obtained by lead retrieval system enables Exhibitors to enhance their database by securing valuable leads for further marketing and communication.
We are pleased to offer you the “K Lead” Application: exhibitors can download the “K Lead” app onto their own smart phone or tablet and transform their device into an instant, easy lead retrieval system and capture participants’ full contact information with a quick scan of their badge. The Application should be installed on your company/personal device. Operational information will be sent on request.
The advantages of the “K Lead “application:
- Effortless process using registration badge
- Allows to immediately view the leads
- Ability to insert exhibitor’s comments for each
- Application is available for download from Apple store or Google play: ” K Lead App”.
- Cost per unit € 400 (Additional 4% service charges will be added for payments by credit card)
K‐Lead Retrieval Application and a Device
You may order a devise if you do not wish to install the K Lead Application on your personal device.
- Cost per unit – € 600 (Additional 4% service charges will be added for payments by credit card)
- In the light of the new data protection regulation recently enacted in Europe, Kenes Group has updated its privacy You can view our updated privacy notice here Kenes will not share delegate’s personal data with third parties without their consent. Please note that similarly to sharing a business card, presenting delegate badge for scanning at exhibition booths or industry symposia constitutes an expression of consent to share their personal details with the company that is scanning their badge so that it may contact them in the future.
- Barcodes on delegates’ badges contain information as supplied by the delegate or the agency responsible for the registration process of the We regret that in some cases, as when group registration is completed by a company, we may not be in possession of the full contact details.
- In addition, please note that neither Kenes Group nor the Organizing Committee is responsible for the content of the information.
To order K Lead please refer to the online Exhibitor Portal.
Deadline: Monday, March 28, 2022
Exhibitors using independent contractors are required to submit the following for the organizer approval:
- A scaled drawing (scaled 1:200 DWG), including elevation views of the proposed Booth to be built.
- A list of all electrical appliances to be installed in the stand.
- The name and contact details of their construction company.
Please submit the files through the Kenes Exhibitor Portal (each exhibitor will be contacted with login details to access the Exhibitor Portal).
Deadline: Monday, March 28, 2022
- All exhibits are to be displayed to avoid blocking aisles, obstructing adjoining stands, or damaging the premises.
- Exhibitors are kindly requested to allow sufficient see-through areas that ensure clear views of surrounding exhibits.
- Construction finish must be perfect in all the stand’s visible areas, including rear sides.
- If you have floor platform at your stand higher than 5 cm, you are required to provide a ramp for handicapped access.
- Advertising on the boundary with other stands is prohibited.
- Multilevel is not permitted.
- The maximum building height for the top of all elements in the stands is 3 meters.
- Any part facing neighboring stands that needs to be designed with neutral surfaces (white).
- The Organizers will not approve stands that do not comply with the accepted standards until the necessary changes have been made.
- Ceiling hanging is NOT permitted.
- Work cannot commence until the exhibitor’s layout is approved by the Organizers.
- If you require additional Booth equipment (Furniture, Graphics, etc.), please refer to the order forms at the end of the manual.
To ensure a smooth and efficient installation and dismantling of your stand, an official Stand Contractor has been appointed (See Official Contractors).
Shell Schemes that have been pre-booked with Kenes includes the following:
- Shell Scheme system
- Fascia with lettering
- Spotlights (1 led spots – 6 m2 / 2 led spots –9 m2)
- 1 socket for 500W power supply
**Stand package hire does not include:
- Booth cleaning
Special offer: You may book a Furniture package at a special price: €220+ VAT The package includes:
- 1 skirted table 170x75cm
- 2 chairs light color
- 1 black waste bin
If you require Stand cleaning, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Actual panel size (Wide & Size): 100 cm width X 250 cm height
- Visible panel size (Wide & Size): 95 cm width X 237,5 cm height
*Please note: Corner stands are provided with two open sides and fascia panel on each open side.
Please submit the company name for your fascia panel of the stand via Kenes Exhibitor Portal no later than Monday, March 28th, 2022.
*Note: 15 characters, including spaces, may be written on your fascia for everyone meter of fascia length. Except spelling, pay attention to the use of capital and under cast characters. If your fascia text is not received by this date, we will provide you with a fascia title as per your company name submitted with your profile. If you wish to print your logo on the board, instead of the name or in addition to the name, this can be ordered at additional cost via the official contractor.
Technical Information and Regulations for Shell Scheme Stands
- All basic shell scheme Booths will be designed and built by the Official Stand Contractor.
- All booths are on rental basis.
- Exhibitors are not allowed to make any alterations to the structure of the Booths or remove any integral parts from the Exhibitors wishing to remove or change the location of any standard equipment (e.g. spotlights) within the Booth should indicate clearly on the location plan and forward it together with clear instructions to the official stand contractor.
- No additional booth fitting or display may be attached to the standard booth structure.
- No free-standing booth fitting or display(s) may exceed a height of 5 meters or extend beyond the boundaries of the site allocated. This includes company names, advertising materials and logos provided by the exhibitor.
- No tape, nail or fixture of any kind allowed to be affixed to the partitions, floor, ceiling or Exhibitors are liable to any damage caused to their booth fixtures, fittings at the meeting.
- If you wish to put posters or anything on the Shell Scheme Stands, the builder will be able to provide you with small mounting hooks or tape strips at the service desk. Kindly note that these are the only available options in order to avoid any damage.
- All electricity power points installed are for machine use only, not for lighting. If the exhibitors or non-official contractors bring their own lighting devices for booth, they must submit all lighting distribution details and pay the light connection charges to the official stand contractor.
Floor finish: Marble
Maximum Floor Load: 500 kg/m²
Please note that if your stand has a platform higher than 4.5 cm, you are required to provide a ramp for handicapped access. The platform sides must be closed and finished neatly. The platform edges must be safe, secured and easily visible.
The maximum building height for the top of all elements is 3.
Exhibitors who will have stands higher than the maximum permitted height will not be allowed to set up their stands.
Any part facing neighboring stands with mutual walls that is above 2.50 m in height needs to be designed with neutral Surfaces (white).
Electricity and Electrical Installations
Electrical box is reserved exclusively for Proelectro, if you wish to order Electricity or contact: Panayiotis Evripidou | Email: email@example.com
According to the regulations, the electrical installations for the exhibition will only be connected to the power supply after being checked and approved by the official contractor.
To ensure maximum safety, all electrical connections to power supply can only be carried by the official contractor.
Important: The daily power to the booths will be switched on 30 minutes before the Exhibition’s opening and will be switched off 15 minutes after closing time.
Cleaning services are reserved exclusively for MEGARON, which is in charge of cleaning the aisles and communal areas of the exhibition spaces. For ordering daily stand cleaning, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and check the order forms at the end of the manual.
Exhibitors are responsible for the removal of all refuse/waste from the exhibition area. Any discarded waste, including promotional material, left behind will be removed by the organizers at the expense of the exhibitor concerned.
If youwould like to rent furniture, please contact Proelectro – Panayiotis Evripidou l Email: email@example.com
Internet & Wi‐Fi
A free Wi Fi access will be provided to all visitors, suitable for basic web However, this is a public connection. Should you require an internet connection for any product demonstrations on your exhibition stand, we recommend ordering a wireless or wired connection, at an extra cost, to guarantee a high-quality service inclusive of technical support.
Note: Private Wi Fi networking in your Booth is not allowed.
The organizers will provide security guard services in the Exhibition Hall during closing hours.
Neither the organizers nor The MAICC can accept responsibility for security of the stands and their contents or damage to and theft of any goods. Exhibitors are responsible for the security of their stand and equipment. If an additional security is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to the order forms at the end of the manual.
Kenes Group is offering exhibitors specially reduced rates for various hotels around the Meeting venue. Information, pictures, location and rates are available on the hotel accommodation page: https://hotels.kenes.com/congress/ESPID22 or email us to: email@example.com
You may also book a room online through above link.
For group booking (10 rooms and more) please contact Irina Sapir at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Different payment and cancellation conditions apply.
Catering and the sale of all food and beverage on site are reserved exclusively from the venue MEGARON. If you wish to order Catering services for your booth, please contact:
Intercatering Georgia Stavraki
Tel: +30 2108946625
Fax: +30 2108945819
Catering is exclusive to Intercatering.
Loading / Unloading
For information regarding loading bay, please refer to the Shipping Instructions at the end of this manual. Only Merkur can operate machinery inside (forklifts, etc.) to unload/load trucks. Security at the entrance will allow access to the loading bay considering its capacity.
Entry to the loading area is subject to confirmed time slot & pre alert. The elevator will be operated by MERKUR only.
Every van / truck / car needs a time slot for unloading. After they are finish with unloading the vehicle need to leave the loading bay, there is no parking space on the venue.
MAICC has underground car park with capacity for 750 cars and is open daily from 06.00am until 02.00am Entrance is from Kokkali Street. The special meeting rate is €12.00 per day for multiple entries per day, prepaid upon entry to the garage. The standard parking rate is €3.00 for the first 3 hours and €1.00 per hour thereafter.
Vans and trucks cannot park inside the venue, only vehicles can.
Parking space (for vehicles) has a height limit of 2,05 m.
The Centre accepts no responsibility for the safety of vehicles and their contents within Centre premises
Build‐Up & Dismantling Period
During the period of build-up and dismantling, it is prohibited to consume alcoholic beverages in the working area as well as to perform work under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
The Exhibitors and contractors are required to wear the necessary personal protective equipment such as safety footwear, protective helmets, eye protection, and hand protection required by the specific work activity.
The use of cutting machines, welding machines, sanders and spray guns is strictly forbidden.
No person under the age of 16 years can be admitted to the Exhibition, either during Build Up, Open Days or Breakdown. This rule also applies to Exhibitors’ children and must be rigidly enforced to comply with the safety regulations of the exhibition. It is also not permitted to bring animals into Venue.
Damage to the Building
Exhibitors are liable for all damage caused to floors, walls, and pillars during the installation, Exhibition, and dismantling periods. No adhesive stickers and fixtures of any kind are allowed on floors, walls, and pillars.
Disposal of Material
It is obligatory to collect and dispose of all material during the build-up or dismantling of the event. When the dismantling period is over, the exhibitor loses any right to claim losses or damage to property left behind. Any costs incurred by the venue in removing this property will be charged to the exhibitor.
Fire Regulations and Fire Insurance (compulsory)
Stand material and fittings must be nonflammable or impregnated with fire retardant chemicals. As a general rule, easily inflammable synthetic substances, foam polyester, and no fireproof straw and reeds are prohibited.
Exhibitors must be insured against fire.
Health & Safety
It is the responsibility of the stand holder to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors as far as is reasonably practicable throughout the event.
It is recommended that the stand holders appoint a supervisor for the stand, with the specific responsibility for ensuring the health & safety of their staff and stand It is advisable that a Risk Assessment is completed for the stand and submitted to the organizer.
Hanging of Posters, Banners etc.
Hanging of posters, banners or decals, stickers or similar items, on the walls, floors, ceilings, or pillars within or outside the installations of the venue are strictly forbidden.
- Neither the organizers nor the venue, their representatives or agents will be held responsible for any loss or damage to exhibitor’s property. Exhibitors must take precautions to protect their property against pilferage.
- The organizers do not provide insurance for exhibitors and their property. The exhibitor is responsible for his property and person and for the property and persons of his employees through full and comprehensive insurance and shall hold harmless the organizers for any and all damage claims arising from theft and those perils usually covered by a fire and extended coverage policy. Therefore, you are obliged to have a public liability insurance that covers all injuries to persons and damages that might cover in connection with the exhibition.
- Exhibitors are personally liable for all expenses incurred by the organizer or by third parties in regard to technical services provide.
- While every reasonable precaution will be taken to protect the exhibitors’ property while on display at the Exhibition, it must be clearly understood that the organizers, the management of the Megaron, and the official contractors can accept NO liability for any loss or damage You are also responsible for insuring against any legal liability incurred with respect to injury or damage to property belonging to third parties. In addition to this, you should protect your expenditure against Abandonment and Cancellation or curtailment of the event due to reasons beyond our control. Please ensure that you have adequate insurance cover for the duration of the event.
- We also recommend that you have additional coverage against loss or damage to exhibition material during transport and during exhibition Please make arrangements for insurance coverage through your company’s insurer.
- Exhibitors are required to have a previous credential, which implies the presentation of an insurance policy for civil and professional liability, covering damage caused in the premises or to a third party and possible damage due to stoppage of CCL’s activities, in the amount of 1.000.000,00 EUR.
- Exhibitors are responsible for all property damage as well as any loss or injury caused by their property, agents or Companies will indemnify the organizers against all claims and expenses arising from any damages.
- If for any reason whatsoever the Exhibition needs to be abandoned, postponed, or altered in any way, either in whole or part, or if the organizers find it necessary to change the dates of the Exhibition, the organizers shall not be liable for any expenditures, damages or loss incurred in connection with the Exhibition.
- The organizers shall further not be liable for any loss which the Exhibition or Exhibition contractors may incur due to the intervention of any authority which prevents or restricts the use of the venue or any part thereof in any manner whatsoever.
- All demonstrations or instructional activities must be confined to the limits of the Exhibition stand.
- Advertising material and signs may not be distributed or displayed outside the exhibitor’s stands.
- Sound equipment must be regulated and used as headsets within the stand so that it does not disturb neighboring exhibits.
- The Exhibition Manager reserves the right to require the exhibitor to discontinue any activity, noise, or music that is deemed objectionable.
- Distribution of balloons filled with a gas that is lighter than air is not allowed.
Special effects lighting, live music, smoke and laser projection may not be used in the stands. No permission will be given for projection in the aisles or on the walls of the hall.
Participation by exhibitors is dependent upon compliance with all rules, regulations and conditions stated herein.
The Megaron Athens International Conference Centre operates a NO SMOKING policy in ALL halls.
Kindly note that Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH is the sole official on site agent nominated by Kenes Group to handle all in/out shipments arriving to this meeting.
Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH Zehavit Akerman
Tel: +49 69 747 848 | Mob: +972 52 511 4982 | Email: Akerman@merkurexpo.com
Range of services:
- Transport, national or international
- Temporary or permanent customs clearances
- Coordination of deliveries, delivery time slot management
- Unloading, delivery to the exhibition stand, forklifting
- Storage of empty boxes and crates during the event
- Accessible storage for brochures and give-away items during the event
- On-site assistance and supervision
For security, insurance, and efficiency reasons, Merkur is the sole official agent to handle cargo inside the venue. Exhibitors and stand builders are prohibited from using trolleys during set up and dismantling periods. The shipping instructions are provided to assist with your preparation for the correct and timely dispatch of materials to the meeting. Please follow the instructions closely.
The shipping instructions include:
- Shipping Instructions
- Material Handling Form
In order to follow up your shipment and to confirm arrival on time, we kindly ask you to provide the official shipping agent with the following information prior to shipping:
- Number of pieces (pallets, boxes, cartons, )
- Way of transport (road freight, currier services, air freight, ocean)
- Airway bill number
Exhibitors and stand builders may choose to use their own services to deliver their goods to the venue door. However, no other company is permitted to deliver, operate, and handle goods inside the venue. Please note that all materials entering the venue incur a handling charge (including bag inserts and display items). Merkur has the responsibility of receiving and handling all materials for a fee as published on the “Tariff” section. Handling rates are based on the incoming weight of shipments.
Merkur must have payment before forwarding freight.
In order to receive a price quote for handling and to assure arrival of your materials, please be sure to complete the “Pre-Advise” form included in the shipping instructions.
Those who use their own facilities up to the venue are requested to coordinate their time schedule and unloading of their cargo into the venue with the official logistics agent. Shipments sent directly to the venue prior to Saturday, May 7th, 2022, will be refused by Venue.
Insurance of Goods
All cargo should be insured from point of origin.
To view the full ESPID 2022 Shipping Instructions, including Tariffs, Material Handling please click the relevant links: Shipping Instructions.
Important: Shipping Labels must be attached to boxes/pallets and should be provided by Merkur via e mail. Please approach Merkur at Akerman@merkurexpo.com
Please Note: All advanced shipments and deliveries to the Merkur warehouse, including by courier, must be coordinated with Merkur.
For any questions/clarifications, please contact Ms. Zehavit Akerman from Merkur:
Tel: +49 69 747 848
Mobile: +972 52 511 4982
The following orders are to be filled and submitted through the Kenes Exhibitors’ Portal: https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com (each exhibitor will be contacted with login details to access the Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal):
- Company Profile
- Exhibitor Badges
- Furniture and electrical package
- Fascia for Shell Scheme Stand only
- Stand design and full details of Construction Company for “Space only” stands
- Lead Retrieval Wireless Barcode Reader (K-Lead App, Mini Scanner)
Deadline: Monday, March 28, 2022
The following orders from PROELECTRO are to be filled and submitted through the email email@example.com:
- Furniture rental, shell scheme extras (click here to view the catalogue)
To fill the form, please click here.
Deadline: Monday, March 21, 2022
Please find the full Rules and Regulations of MEGARON following the link.
It is the Organiser’s responsibility to ensure that exhibitors and contractors are made aware that:
- Names of persons entering and circulating within the Centre for the purposes of organizing any aspect of an Event must be provided to the Centre. The Centre will provide individually named access passes, which must be in the possession of such persons whilst they are in the Centre. Access to the Centre will not be permitted without these passes for security reasons.
- It is a condition of entry to all persons who require access to the loading docks that vehicles, equipment and personal belongings, i.e., bags etc. may be randomly searched by Centre Security staff upon entering and exiting the loading docks.
- Upon request, all drivers of vehicles who require access to the loading docks must present their drivers license to Centre Security staff to verify their identity.
- Vehicles requiring access to the loading dock must have prior agreement from the Centre and must have provided accurate vehicle registration plate number.
- Any person wishing to gain access to the Conference Centre outside the scheduled hours should notify the Centre through the organiser at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance.
- There is no parking available to contractors or exhibitors on the loading dock during the move in, operation and move out of an exhibition.
- Access into the exhibition halls and Convention Centre for build-up and / or breakdown will be via the loading dock only unless permission has been granted by Centre management. Under no circumstances should event equipment be moved in or out via front of house areas.
- The Megaron Athens International Conference Centre full time security staff are responsible for allowing access from the loading dock to the halls.
- By law, the Centre is required to maintain clear.
- Any person under 16 is prohibited from accessing exhibition areas or the loading bay ramp during designated move in & move out periods for reasons of safety.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden during designated move in & move out periods, both on the loading ramp and in designated exhibition areas.
- High visibility vests or high visibility clothing must be worn at all times on the loading bay ramp.
- Smoking is permitted only in certain designated areas of the Centre. Your Event Organiser will provide you with a list of such designated areas.
The Centre has the right to revise this manual and the obligation to send any revisions to the Organiser.
Thank you for your full co‐operation.