Industry Symposia Manual
We are happy to present you with the ESPID 2022 Industry Symposia Manual which will take place in Athens, Greece and Online on 9-13 May 2022.
Megaron Athens International Conference Centre
Address: Leoforos Vasilissis Sofias and, Petrou Kokkali
This manual covers important information and is designed to assist in preparing for your Industry Session. We trust that you will find it helpful and suggest that you read all the information presented. It will take you very little time now and could save you a great deal of time later.
Please forward this manual to everyone who is working on this project.
Exhibitor (Supporters) Portal
Each exhibitor/supporter has received an e-mail with login details to access the Portal. The Portal enables Supporters and Exhibitors to:
- Submit Company logo and profile
- Submit deliverables as per contract
- Order Lead retrieval/scanner
- The login details has been sent to the person signing the contract. This person is responsible for passing on the login details to third party if needed.
- Access to all Portal services will be available only after submission of your company profile and logo.
- Only deliverables as indicated in your contract, should be submitted via the Portal. Items not included in your contract will not be processed.
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 908 0488
Fax: +41 22 906 9140
Hotel Sales Manager
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 998 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 995 | E-mail: email@example.com
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 258 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Audio Visual Coordinator
Industry Liaison & Sales Associate
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 317 | E-mail: email@example.com
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext: 297 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product Marketing Coordinator
Tel: +41 22 908 0488 Ext 295 | E-mail: email@example.com
Catering is exclusive to Intercatering
Onsite Logistic Agent, Material Handing & Customs Clearance Agent
Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH
Mobile: +972 52 8890129
Merkur is the exclusive handler inside the venue.
Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire
|Action Item (Please refer to your signed contract)||Deadline||Contact Person|
|Staff Hotel Reservation||As soon as possible||Irina Sapir
|Payment of Invoice Balance||Must be received in full one week prior to the Meeting||Pazit Hochmitz
|Symposium Final Programme (Onsite and virtual)
(for approval by Scientific Committee)
|As soon as possible and no later than Monday, March 27, 2022||Please send by email in the requested specifications to Industry Coordinators:
Yulia Rijinsky firstname.lastname@example.org
and Diyana Yosifova email@example.com
|Promotional E-mail Blast (Exclusive and Joint, Post Meeting)||Friday, March 25, 2022|
|Text for Push Notifications for Virtual Platform||Monday, April 4, 2022|
|Badge Scanner/ Lead Retrieval System||
Monday, April 11, 2022
|Via Kenes Exhibitor’s Portal exhibitorportal.kenes.com|
|Placing orders for Voting/
’Ask the Speaker’ and other Technology Products and Services
|As early as possible, preferably before Friday, April 1, 2022||Denitsa Yordanova
|Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire||Please directly contact the company||TBA|
|Catering Services||Please directly contact the catering company||Intercatering
Georgia Stavraki firstname.lastname@example.org
|AV – scheduling Tech rehearsal, placing orders for extra AV for the Sponsored Symposia and AV for Meeting rooms ONSITE||Please directly contact the AV coordinator||Mike Perchig
|Shipping & Material Handling Services|
|Door to door||Please contact Merkur
|Shipment via Advance Warehouse||No later than April 29, 2022|
|Direct to the Venue||Subject to time slot|
|Moderna (Virtual)||Monday, May 9th||TBA||TBA|
|Moderna (Virtual)||Monday, May 9th||TBA||TBA|
|Pfizer||Monday, May 9th||08:00||09:30|
|Sanofi||Monday, May 9th||09:45||11:15|
|Merck MSD||Monday, May 9th||11:30||13:00|
|Pfizer||Monday, May 9th||13:45||15:15|
|Pfizer||Monday, May 9th||15:30||17:00|
|Merck MSD||Monday, May 9th||17:15||18:45|
|Pfizer||Monday, May 9th||19:00||20:30|
|GSK||Tuesday, May 10th||08:00||09:30|
|Sanofi||Tuesday, May 10th||09:45||11:15|
|Pfizer||Tuesday, May 10th||11:30||13:00|
|Merck MSD||Tuesday, May 10th||13:45||15:15|
|Sanofi||Friday, May 13th||14:45||16:15|
|AstraZeneca||Friday, May 13th||16:30||18:00|
|Qiagen||Tuesday, May 10th||13:10||13:40|
Timetable and halls are subject to changes. The most updated timetable is published on the Meeting website.
- Industry Symposia are not included in main Conference CME/CPD credit.
- We recommend arriving early to set up the hall prior to the start of your Symposium. A member of the Kenes Operational team will be available should you need any assistance.
- Handouts can be distributed at the entrance to the Symposium Hall; however, it is NOT permitted to place materials on the chairs inside the hall.
- Printed tent cards placed on the head table are allowed and should be produced and provided by Supporter.
- We ask presenters to follow the time schedule precisely in order that the day’s events may run smoothly. An updated scientific timetable can be found on the ESPID 2022 Website.
- Catering is exclusive to Intercatering and should be ordered in advance. Supporters who wish to order food and beverages for their symposium, meeting/hospitality room or exhibition booth, are welcome to do so directly with Intercatering:
Ms. Georgia Stavraki
Mobile: +30 2108946625
- Food and drinks cannot be taken into the symposium halls.
Due to COVID regulations from the Ministry of Health food consumption inside the halls is not allowed.
- Please take into consideration that light lunch will be served in the Exhibition Hall simultaneously to the Lunch Time Industry Supported Sessions; therefore, we recommend serving lunchboxes or any kind of refreshments of your choice at the entrance to the symposium room.
Additional charge may be applied for cleaning the hall immediately following the session (mandatory service).
If you are planning to have catering/lunch boxes together with the symposium, it is recommended to indicate in all publications that lunch/refreshment will be served as long this is not contradicting the supporter’s internal compliance policy.
As indicated in the sponsorship agreement, the supporting company, in addition to the support fee, must cover all speakers’ expenses, including registration fees, accommodation and travel expenses. This also applies in the case where the Sponsored Symposium speakers have already been invited by the Conference.
We strongly recommend scheduling a technical rehearsal in the hall itself and testing the Presentations during that rehearsal. Please make arrangements directly with the Congress Audio Visual Coordinator, Mike Perchig at: email@example.com
Charges may apply, depending on hall availability and rehearsal requirements.
All sessions will be recorded and uploaded in the Virtual Platform via the VOD after the session ends (Up to 24 hours subject to your approval).
If you wish to live stream you session from the Hall to the platform, please contact our Product Marketing Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plenary Hall 1: Alexandra Trianti – Technical Details: click here
Hall Technical Details
|Hall Capacity & Layout||Fixed seating theatre style capacity 1,500
Without the balconies: 850
|Ceiling Height||Approx. 15,5 m|
|Hall Size||1351,5 sqm|
|Stage Size||Depth with pit . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 30,00
Depth without pit . . . . . . . . . . . . 23,00
Width (min – max). . . . . . . . . . 12,5-18,00
Height (min – max) . . . . . . . . . . 6,5-11,00
|Lectern Banner Dimensions:
– Vertical 42″ Plasma screen in front of the lectern, facing the audience, projecting a PPT with the name of the speaker.
– Please contact the Audio-Visual Coordinator, Mr. Mike Perchig (e-mail: email@example.com), in order to design the images according to the required resolution.
– The “virtual” banner can include the title of the Symposium and the name and logo of the Sponsor
– Using the ESPID 2022 logo for the branding is not allowed
|Head Table Banner Dimensions:
W: 3.70 m / H: 76 cm
Sufficient seating for up to 6 persons (the head table will be made out of 2 modules)
10mm Foam board or similar rigid material is mandatory for branding the table.
Using the ESPID 2022 logo for the branding is not allowed
The general stage setting in all halls includes 1 speaker lectern and a head table accommodating up to 6 persons. For alternative/additional arrangements (fees may be incurred) please contact Yulia Rijinsky at:
firstname.lastname@example.org and Diyana Yosifova email@example.com.
Branding the head table and Lectern is optional and should be arranged in advance by the sponsoring company.
Hall Floor Plans: Please note: the diagram is not to scale and is for illustrative purposes only. Overview and 360° View is available here.
Hall 1 A. Trianti
- Large front projection screen, image of H7 X W12 meters approx. (see photo below*).
- 2 x High-powered Data projectors (Main and back-up) to create the panoramic background image and to project the picture-in-picture PowerPoint & Video images in “windows” on the screen.
- Data/Video control system, including a seamless Data/Video switcher and all necessary cabling (opening picture-in-picture “windows” and adding titles of the speakers on the central screen, etc.).
- Fixed video camera, to capture the face of the speaker at the lectern for live close-circuit projection during presentations.
- 40” Confidence monitor in front of the head table, showing the same PowerPoint & Video images as projected in the large picture-in-picture “window” on the central screen.
- Laptop computer for PowerPoint presentations, including English version of Windows and Office, USB port, sound card – located at the lectern and networked to the Speakers’ Ready Room.
- Vertical 42″ Plasma screen in front of the lectern, facing the audience, projecting a PPT with the name of the speaker (see photo below*).
- Laser pointer (as back-up, we recommend using the cursor of the laptop computer as a pointer).
- A. (sound) system, which covers the hall and the stage, including 10 wired microphones (4 head table, 2 lectern, 4 Questions & Answers) with stands (floor/table), 1 wireless headset microphone and connection to sound from computers (mini PL plug) at the lectern.
- Audio monitors for the lectern and the head table.
- Lighting system, illuminating the lectern and the head table.
- Colorful Lighting on stage
- 4-5 x AV technicians to operate the above-mentioned systems.
For demonstration only (taken in other Venues)
For Sponsors’ Symposia being held in the A. Trianti Hall, the company “virtual” banner in front of the lectern and on the Panoramic screen will be projected.
Please contact the Audio-Visual Coordinator, Mr. Mike Perchig (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org), in order to design the images according to the required resolution.
The “virtual” banners can include the Symposium and the name/logo of the Sponsor, but it is not permitted to use the ESPID 2022 logo on them.
We strongly recommend visiting the Instructions for Speakers and Oral Presenters page to prepare your slides accordingly.
If you are using a PowerPoint presentation (or any other PC-based application), please note that you have to deliver it on a USB Memory stick to one of the technicians in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the Venue in the morning – and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
Please note that only conference computers are used in the session halls. These are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the halls is 16:9. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
If you include video clips in your PowerPoint presentation, be sure to test it with the technician in the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 2 hours before the start of the session or as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning. Please make sure to check it with the technician in the session hall where your lecture is taking place, during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session – even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
To use MAC presentations on the PC compatible congress computer, please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before taking it to the speaker room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
The final session agenda should include the following information:
- Session Title (up to 110 characters including spaces)
- Session Description (up to 200 words, you can also include hyperlinks inside of it)
- Speaker Presentations Titles
- Timing – duration of each speaker presentation and full timing of the agenda
- Speaker/Moderator Full Name
- Speaker/ Moderator Country
- Speaker/ Moderator E-mail
- Speaker/ Moderator Affiliation
- Speaker/ Moderator Bio and Photo (please see specs below)
Please see below specs for Speaker Bio and Photo.
- Speaker Bio – up to 200 words.
- Speaker Photo – 180×240 px, JPG Format
Due to accreditation criteria for this Meeting, which is CME certified, the following rules must apply when creating your promotional items and content:
- When creating adverts for mobile app and mailshots it is allowed to promote product, symposia, or company promotion. Only when promoting symposia please add the following text inside: “This session is not included in the main event CME/CPD credit”
- When creating adverts for External and Internal lobby flags in the virtual platform it is allowed to promote symposia or company promotion. Only when promoting symposia please add the following text inside: “This session is not included in the main event CME/CPD credit”
- Meeting banner should NOT be used in any promotional materials created by the supporter.
- Materials created by companies should NOT utilize the main event marketing look and feel.
- When promoting your symposium, please always indicate on any of your promotional materials: “This session is not included in the main event CME/CPD credit”
- When promoting your symposium, you are allowed to use the phrase: “Official Symposium of the ESPID 2022 Meeting”
- In addition, it is not permitted to use the ESPID 2022 logo on any of the symposia materials.
This section includes guidelines which will assist you to prepare promotional items related to your industry sessions, however, kindly refer only to the relevant items in accordance with your sponsorship agreement.
Virtual Platform Push Notification
For supporters entitled to a push notification as per their signed contract, kindly submit the text by Monday, April 4, 2022 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org according to below guidelines:
- Message Title – Maximum 75 characters including spaces
- Message body – Maximum 140 characters including spaces
- Preferred date and exact local time, please coordinate with your industry coordinator
- *Note the final schedule will be determined closer to the meeting, considering other push notifications.
- Push notifications will be sent out during breaks in order not to disturb the participants who are inside the halls.
Mobile App Advert
Should you be entitled to a mobile app advertisement per your contract, please send the file as per specification below to the Industry Coordinator or via Exhibitor’s Portal: https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com, no later than Monday, April 4.
File format: PNG or JPG (up to 2 MB)
Size: 1500 x 2000px
We recommend avoiding using small text, so the advert could be readable when displayed on a mobile screen.
Promotional Email Blast – Exclusive
Sponsors entitled to an Industry Mailshot as per their signed contract, please click here for the design requirements. Please make sure to forward these guidelines to your web-designer/programmer. Please upload the HTML version of your mailshot and other relevant files together in zip folder and send us everything with the subject line to Yulia Rijinsky email@example.com and Diyana Yosifova firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, April 4, 2022.
Post Meeting Exclusive E-mail Blast
The exclusive e-mail blast will be sent out to pre-registered participants who have agreed to receive promotional material from supporters.
Timeline for the Post Meeting exclusive e-mail blasts to be advised.
Click here to download the design requirements. These guidelines should be forwarded to your web-designer/programmer.
Please send the required file(s) to the Industry Coordinators Yulia Rijinsky email@example.com and Diyana Yosifova firstname.lastname@example.org along with the subject line.
Joint E-mail Blast
For the joint e-mail blast, please prepare two files according to the following specifications:
- 1 Banner/Image Format: JPEG Width: 300 pixels Height: 250 pixels
- 1 A5 PDF (to be linked to the banner/image)
The exact launch date of the joint e-mail blast will be advised closer to the Meeting. It will be sent out to the preregistered participants who have agreed to receive promotional material from supporters.
Symposium Signage (Optional)
Symposium supporters have the option to create signage promoting their symposium according to the below guidelines. The symposium signage must be produced by the supporter.
- Session Hall Signage
- Self-Standing Sign at the Entrance
- One stand-alone sign to be placed at the entrance of the session hall 30 minutes prior to the sessions published start time. Please make sure to indicate on the sign: This session is not included in main event CME/CPD credit
- Stage Banners
- 1 x free standing vertical sign to be placed on/next to the stage. Maximum dimensions: 150cm wide x 250cm high.
- Banner placed in front the head table facing audience. (For dimensions, please refer to Section 4: Symposium Session Halls Onsite).
- Lectern: please refer to Section 4: Symposia Session Halls Onsite
- Self-standing signage at the Exhibition Area:
The Supporter is entitled to place one sign (W85cm x H200cm) advertising the Symposium on the day of the session only. The sign may be placed in the exhibition area during exhibition opening hours. Please liaise onsite with the Industry Coordinator and Exhibition Manager.
Please note: Due to CME/CPD accreditation criteria, you may not place signage advertising your symposium in any other locations unless coordinated with Kenes staff onsite.
Free Wi-Fi will be available at the Meeting venue. Please be aware that public Wi-Fi capacity is limited. Therefore, it is restricted to email and web browsing activity. Should you require Wi-Fi or an internet line during your symposium, please let us know in advance and we will send you a quote. Contact person: Yulia Rijinsky email@example.com and Diyana Yosifova firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Rooms / Hospitality Rooms
Supporters interested in renting a meeting room during ESPID 2022 Meeting should contact Industry Liaison & Sales, Mrs. Marta Enes at: email@example.com
Please note that it is the supporter’s responsibility to leave the symposium session hall in a clean and tidy manner once your symposium has finished. Any items such as leaflets, banners, roll-ups must be removed from the hall at the end of your session. Any discarded waste, including promotional material, left behind will be removed by the Meeting organizers at the expense of the supporter concerned.
Each supporter is entitled to 10 Symposium badges which allow access to the supporter’s symposium only (Individual names will not appear on the badges). Symposium badges can be collected 2 hours prior to the session from the Registration Desk and should be returned to the desk after the session ends.
Supporters who wish to order catering services for their symposium, are welcome to do so directly with Intercatering: Ms. Georgia Stavraki
Mobile: +30 2108946625
Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire
Lead Retrieval Wireless Barcode Readers can be a helpful tool for receiving contact information about participants who attend your symposium. Barcode readers may be rented in advance via the Exhibitors’ Portal no later than Monday, April 11.
The Mini Scanner
- Pocket size
- Quickly capture lead information by scanning the barcode on attendees’ badge
- Cost per unit – € 300 + 4% credit card charges
- Available for the duration of the symposium only
- Note: no editing capabilities.
Kenes will not share delegates’ personal data with third parties without their consent.
Please note that similar to sharing a business card, presenting a delegate badge for scanning at exhibition booths or industry symposia constitutes an expression of consent to share their personal details with the company that is scanning their badge so that the company may contact them in the future.
- The barcodes on the delegates’ badges contain contact information as supplied by the delegate or the agency responsible for the registration process of the delegate. We regret that in some cases, as when group registration is completed by a company, we may not be in possession of the full contact details.
- In addition, please note that neither Kenes Group nor the Organizing Committee is responsible for the content of the information.
In order to reserve your Mini Scanner, please log into the Kenes Exhibitors’ Portal.
If further assistance is required to place your order, or you have not received your login details please contact the Exhibition & Industry Coordinators, Yulia Rijinsky firstname.lastname@example.org and Diyana Yosifova email@example.com
Maximize your Participant Experience – Use our innovative technologies for your Symposium
Kenes is proud to deliver a wide variety of quality onsite technology products and services.
- Live Streaming and many more products designed for capturing and recording symposium content.
- Voting, Evaluations, and more products designed for increasing participant’s interaction during symposium sessions.
- Translation services in any language: We can provide the traditional solution with local interpreters and hiring headphone receivers. Alternatively, we offer app translation with remote interpreters. In this case the participants stream the translation through an app on their smartphones.
PLEASE NOTE: All product solutions are offered exclusively by Kenes Group.
Please contact us to discuss your needs and our relevant solutions.
Please submit your order by Friday, April 1, 2022. Orders received after the deadline will incur rush fees.
Kindly note that Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH is the sole official on-site agent nominated by Kenes Group to handle all in/out shipments arriving to this Meeting.
Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH
Mrs. Irit Sofer
Range of services:
- Transport, national or international
- Temporary or permanent customs clearances
- Coordination of deliveries, delivery time slot management
- Unloading, delivery to the hall/exhibition-stand, forklifting
- Storage of empty boxes and crates during the event
- Accessible storage for brochures and give-away items during the event
- On-site assistance and supervision
The shipping instructions at the end of this manual are provided to assist with your preparation for the correct and timely dispatch of materials to the Meeting. Please follow the instructions closely. The shipping instructions includes:
- Shipping Instructions
- Material Handling Form
- Shipping Labels
In order to follow up your shipment and to confirm arrival on time, we kindly ask you to provide the official shipping agent with the following information prior to shipping:
- Number of pieces (pallets, boxes, cartons, etc.)
- Way of transport (road freight, currier services, airfreight, ocean)
- Airway bill number
Supporters may choose to use their own services to deliver their goods to the venue door. However, no other company is permitted to deliver, operate, and handle goods inside the venue.
Merkur has the responsibility of receiving and handling all materials for a fee as published on the “Tariff” section at the end of this manual. Handling rates are based on the incoming weight of shipments.
Merkur Expo Logistics must receive the payment before forwarding freight.
In order to receive a price quote for handling and to assure arrival of your materials, please be sure to complete the “Pre-advice” form included in the shipping instructions.
For shipments to be sent directly to the venue, please contact Merkur in advance for a time slot.
Insurance of Goods
All cargo should be insured from point of origin.
To view the full ESPID 2022 Meeting Shipping Instructions, including Tariffs, Material Handling please select the relevant links:
Please Note: All advanced shipments and deliveries to the Merkur warehouse, including by courier, must be coordinated with Merkur Expo Logistics.
For any questions/clarifications, please contact:
Merkur Expo Logistics
Contact: Mrs Irit Sofer