Share your research, cases and reviews
with the international paediatric infectious diseases community
* Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Closes Monday, 14 March 2022, at Midnight CET+1.
** Note all efforts are made to send notifications by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, the revised date will be posted here.
Participants interested in presenting their abstract at the Meeting are invited to submit their high-quality research via the abstract submission system. All abstracts will undergo peer review and may be accepted for presentation.
Please carefully read the guidelines below:
1. Type Preference
In the abstract submission system, you choose one of the forms below which best describes the nature of your abstract. The selection of type will affect the information you are asked to provide within your abstract.
- Type 1: Regular Abstract.
- Type 2: Case Report/Case Series.
- Type 3: Walter Marget Workshop.
2. Topic & Presentation Preference
Once you select your abstract type and topic, you will choose from one of the below presentation preferences to submit your abstract to.
Please take note of the following information when selecting your presenttion preference:
- Parallel Symposium: your abstract will be considered for an oral presentation in the corresponding Parallel Symposium.
- Meet the Expert: Your case will be considered for an oral presentation in the corresponding Meet the Expert sessions. *Available for Case Report/Case Series type only.
- Oral Presentation/Poster Discussion: Your abstract will be considered for an e-poster and/or an oral presentation in the corresponding Oral Presentation Sessions or E-Poster Discussion Sessions.
- Walter Marget Workshop – please click here for further guidelines.
- E-Poster Viewing
By selecting the relevant type, topic, and presentation preference for your abstract, you increase the likelihood of your preferred allocation and highest possible impact in the meeting.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review. Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- The Scientific Programme Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit multiple abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as the presenting author on up to 5 abstracts.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Meeting.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facilities) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the 40th Annual Meeting of ESPID.
- ESPID will publish all accepted abstracts online (open access) for a period of at least 5 years. As a condition of submission, ESPID requires you to agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to ESPID.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Instructions for the preparation of presentations will be made available on the meeting website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you submit your abstract, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details (should be the same details as the submitting author so that the presenting author receives the correspondence about the abstract):
- Full first and family name(s)
- Email address
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Selection of Type (abstract type) and preferred Topic.
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 280 words including acknowledgments. We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Please note, word count is affected when tables are included.
- Tables and Images – You are able to add one table/figure per abstract. Tables and images can only be placed in certain sub-sections of your abstract, according to your stream preference. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG, GIF, or PNG format. Please note that images/tables may be resized to fit in the final material.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers, or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline, if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate tick box on the abstract form.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to ESPID and Kenes International Organizers of Congresses SA and its affiliates (together: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by each of the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants each of the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract that does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Topic and Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honour this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Topic and Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Programme Committee.
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail regarding the status of their abstracts.